Saturday 9 September 2017

#LoveJatao to Grandparents By Making Them Feel Special

Having grandparents is a blessing. They not only love us unconditionally but also forget about their own problems and pains when playing with us. But in today’s busy lives we forget this gift of God. We get so much busy with our own lives that grandparents start to feel neglected. Though they don’t show how bad they feel and continue to bless us, pamper us and love us, but in reality, it kills them from inside.

I have a three years’ old son and when I see him playing with his grandparents and the cute smile on both his dada and dadi’s face, I feel great. I can see the child inside them which comes out only when they play with him.



Be it fulfilling his all the wishes or protecting him from my anger, they do everything which at times being a parent I might not be able to do. Not just the grandparents’ day, I strive hard to make every day special for them and one of the ways to do is to praise them every day for loving my son more than me. I know it’s not a big thing but in today’s time when children get so busy in their personal lives, spending time with the family is in itself a big thing.

On this grandparents’ day, I asked my son to touch his grandparents’ feet and seek their blessing. I also asked him to wish them #HappyGrandparentsDay which he did by wishing them Happy Birthday.  As the special day will also be celebrated in his school, l took my son Mokshik’s grandparents to his school to be a part of the celebration. Last year I took Mokshik and his grandfather to the school function. Teachers were welcoming grandparents and clicking photographs with the kids. The smile and that feeling on my father-in-law’s face cannot be defined in words.

#LoveJatao - Mokshik With His Dadu and Nanu
As there are very few opportunities to show our love to our parents and grandparents, I will utilize this opportunity well. To make it a happy grandparent’s day, I will take them out for dinner. I will take my son to the market and get some surprise gifts for his dada and daadi. However, he just wants to get a cake as a gift for his dada dadi and nana nani. The best thing about my little champ is that both his paternal as well as maternal grandparents live nearby.



Though I am happy that my son is so lucky to have such loving and caring grandparents, by the end of this post I seriously started missing my grandparents.


This is how I am planning to make this grandparents’ day special for my son’s grandparents. I look forward to hear from you how would you celebrate Grandparents Day. Do share a selfie with your grandparents on Sept. 10, 2017 on Twitter or Facebook with #LoveJatao & tag @blogadda to win a goodie from Parachute Advansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment